Tuesday 29 March 2011

Setas


POSTCARD SCRIBBLES:



Hello

The mushrooms in Sevilla have grown!
The architectural project has taken over 5 years to get to this point, the same amount of time that I've spent living in Sevilla :) 
The project has had to find it's way around various problems, from finding roman ruins on the site, to protests about the old market being closed down, to safety fears, etc etc. All in all I think they've done an amazing job at accommodating most issues. The Roman ruins were left where they were found, and can now be viewed inside the mushrooms. The market has also been relocated under the mushrooms, and I'm hoping to visit it tomorrow for some fruit n veg shopping (camera in tow... obviously!)

It's quite a shock to see this massive organic structure curve its way around the old plaza, still surrounded by the older, more classically beautiful buildings, but although in many ways I'm a purist when it comes to architecture, this surreal building/sculpture is lovely to walk around, and I have to admit that from hating the idea, I've done a full 360* turn, and now LOVE IT!

Have a good day

Nxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment